Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PGP WDE

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:37:28 -0500

Beechey, Jim wrote:

4. We did not have a single drive fail during deployment, however did see dramatic time differences in the initial
encryption process on drives which were not performing well.  We deployed using SMS and forcing auto-enrollment which
generally worked well.  We tried to communicate with user groups to say that the deployment will begin at 4:30pm,
please log in to PGP before you leave so the encryption process will run at night.

Did you have or perform any backups before pushing
encryption?

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer