Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNS "A Name" Records for Third Party Providers

From: Barbara Torney <bt42 () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:18:07 -0500

We also use PeopleAdmin in the same way.  We also have WageWorks (flexible
spending administration) and non-credit course registration. Our library
has several times over the years moved their site from in-house servers to
outsourced, back again, and then back out again just last week.

We have not had a problem with any of them, and we don't want the users to
even be aware of these changes or where the data/service is housed.  As
far as they are concerned, they are just dealing with the college.

Regards, bat