Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [Possible Spam] Re: New Internet for Security

From: Dennis Meharchand <dennis () VALTX COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:08:45 -0500

For patch upgrades our chip can be put into an update mode where changes
(patches) are kept allowing the changes to be tested. Changes are actually
kept on a Change area of the hard disk drive - not immediately written into
the secure area. If all is well the changes can be permanently applied into
the secure area (Backed Up). If something goes wrong with the patch the
patch can be instantly and cleanly discarded (Restore function) - since our
restore works by simply wiping out a File Allocation Table there is no
downtime as with ghosting technologies.

Dennis Meharchand
CEO, Valt.X Technologies Inc.
Tel: 1-800-361-0067, 416-746-6669