Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: Leon DuPree <duprleo () GMAIL COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:37:58 -0500

Funding or Research affected by Security?

I have had the opportunity to understand how important it is to engage
faculty and staff in the security process in order to make the gains
necessary to implement policy.  Education and training appear to be
paramount in making this happen.  Has anyone ever heard of faculty research
or funding being affected by a security issue or risk  I was curious because
that is always on the forefront of faculty''s mind research and funding.  If
you provide a way to show how security is protecting their interests in
these areas I am sure you will have a wonderful ally in the struggle to
mitigate the vulnerabilities that are out there. :)
--
Leon & Lisa DuPree
1327 Chissom Trail