Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Ruckus?

From: Neil Sindicich <neilsin () KSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:18:47 -0600

Its not exactly the same animal, but...

I have been using Pandora (www.pandora.com).  They offer unlimited free
streaming music and links to purchase music you like from iTunes or Amazon.

The interesting thing about Pandora is that you create your own "radio
stations" by entering seed songs or artists.  It uses the musical
components from those seed songs/artists to generate a music station on
the fly.

Its free, there are 15 second adds that run in the stream every 2 hours
or so...

Like I said, its not exactly the same animal, but its an alternative, at
least.

Cheers,
Neil Sindicich
Cyber-Security Analyst
Kansas State University
email: neilsin () ksu edu
phone: (785) 532-2598

Jason C. Belford wrote:
Good morning, everyone.

We are beginning to see a flood of calls into our offices that Ruckus
is no longer available.   The website (http://www.ruckus.com) appears
to confirm this information.  Was anyone already aware of this
change?  If your campus suggested Ruckus, what is your campus doing now?

Thank you,
Jason

--
Jason C. Belford