Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FTC and Red Flag Rule

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:42:51 -0500

At 11:33 AM 10/9/2008, Valdis Kletnieks put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:13:32 CDT, Robin Stubbs said:
Ok I'll be the one to ask, can't this list be changed to default to
the poster and not the list? As it is now there is a burden of
me-toos and so forth communications that were probably intended for
the poster. Most mailing list that I know of default to the
poster. This one should too IMHO.

On the other hand, pointing the default reply-to: to the list encourages
back-and-forth discussions, like this reply...

At the risk of making a me too sort of comment, I agree with the
above.  I would encourage members to consider mailing the author
of a post directly, if you feel your comment may not be of value
to the list.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.