Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: E-Discovery of remote PST files

From: "Clark, Sean" <Sean.Clark () UCDENVER EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:12:41 -0700

Dave,

If you can explain the difficulties/limitations inherent with searching PSTs to your legal department, you may be able
to get them to agree that searching workstations for PSTs -- and then searching within those PSTs -- is beyond the
scope of what is "reasonable".  If that doesn't work, I would ask legal to define the scope of the search: a list of
mailboxes (or users), or at least a list of departments, so that you can narrow down your search.

Having said that, I'm not a lawyer -- and I don't play one on TV.
;)

Sean