Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Local Security Policy Standards

From: John Culkin <culkinj3 () SCRANTON EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 18:37:05 -0500

Hello:

Does anyone have some scripts which apply the Local Security Policy settings from the NSA or other respectable groups?

Thanks,

-- John C.

Russell Fulton wrote:
I would run tcpdump on the sensor with an appropriate filter to make sure the sensor is actually seeing the traffic you think it should be. I've been had by that one a couple of times -- spanning not set up properly on routers etc.