Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Web App Scan tool

From: "Dawson,Scottie" <scottie.Dawson () COLOSTATE EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:16:21 -0700

Mark,

I recently downloaded and started using Samurai Web Testing Framework.  Its
an Ubuntu based LiveCD so its easy to install on a machine if you like to
tools enough. It has a wide selection of web application hacking/testing
tools that are open source that will do pretty much anything you want to do.
The downside is that you have to read some and combine some of the tools to
get the best results.  The upside its free and the cd is set up so that the
tools just work.

http://samurai.inguardians.com/

scott dawson
ACNS Colorado State University