Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Virtualization and Security ?

From: Alex <alex.everett () UNC EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:04:14 -0500

Clifford Collins:

You may be interested in the following documents:

Data Security Standard 1.1 - Applied to VMware ESX 3.0.1*
Using VMware and VDI and vmSight for Stronger and Sustainable HIPAA and PCI
Compliance
Five Immutable Laws of Virtualization Security*
An Empirical Study into the Security Exposure of Hosts of Hostile
Virtualized Environments
VMware Infrastructure 3 Security Hardening*

A company named StoneSoft had a good presentation at an ISSA meeting here.
Although, I cant seem to find that presentation.

* indicates a good document

-Alex Everett, CISSP
University of North Carolina

  _____