Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Student Workers in IS

From: "Di Fabio, Andrea" <adifabio () NSU EDU>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:54:53 -0500

We are evaluating the possibility of hiring a student worker to help the IS
team.  I am curious to know who is currently employing student workers within
the Information Security group and what kind of responsibilities and tasks
you are assigning to them.

Are you employing student workers in the IS group?

Are you satisfied and is it working out for you?

What tasks and responsibilities do you assign to a student worker?

What are the pros and cons of having a student worker help the IS team?

Any other comments or suggestions?

I will send back a summary of the responses received.