Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: success stories

From: Steve Brukbacher <sab2 () UWM EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:31:24 -0600

Performing a risk assessment helps us out.  If you can get them to commit a few hours of staff time to an RA then you
can provide some assurance that whatever steps you recommend are well reasoned and show a risk-based strategy for
identifying solving security problems.  This helps me to avoid the impression that an initiative is just the security
people being paranoid.

--
Steve Brukbacher
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee