Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: EDU-Sec podcast?

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:45:01 -0500

At 02:38 PM 9/29/2008, Scott Fendley put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
And here I am thinking that after October's Cyber Security Awareness
month, I was going to start doing something just like that.  Some of the
topics I had on my agenda were a response to cyber bullying sites like
JuicyCampus, phishing scams which are targeting EDUs, and protecting your
digital self in social networking sites.

I guess I really am going to have to do it now and not put it off for next
school year.  ;-)

Roger, I look forward to seeing what you are doing as your podcasts as
well.

FWIW, we did our proof of concept.  Basically it was a introduction
to our group and the services we provide.  We then hope to use that
as a basis to build upon.  Right now we're going to get feedback on
that, and then use that feedback to help us create the actual podcast.

One thing that became clear to me was that you'll want to either have
access to or spend some money on, resources such as microphones.  For
our proof of concept, just using the built-in mic on a laptop worked,
but going forward we're going to want things to sound better.  Our
group is also lucky since one of my colleagues has this background
from college.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.