Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA takedown notices

From: "Timothy J. Fairlie" <fairlie () RIDER EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:30:32 -0400

We haven't seen any increase...But then again, if they're going to the
wrong address...How would I even know if there's an increase?

Bob Bayn wrote:
Dick Jacobsen asked:
Is anyone else seeing takedown notices from the RIAA sent to an
incorrect
address ?

I noticed that the format of the message changed from plain
text to quoted printable in the last batch I got last week,
but I haven't seen any this week.  If they're suddenly sending
to the wrong address, it must be so wrong that it's not getting
to me.  Curious, because I spoke to Jeremy Landis on the phone a few
weeks ago and confirmed that I was receiving notices at
the address he had for me.

--
Bob Bayn     (435)797-2396     Security Team coordinator
Office of Information Techology at Utah State University

--
Timothy J. Fairlie
Director, Network and Communication Svcs