Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email policy question

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:50:18 -0500

We do not allow e-mail messages that use a FROM address of OTC.edu to enter our mail system unless they come from an
authenticated session.  The only problems we have experienced are related to the "E-mail this link to a friend"
systems.  We end up telling people to use a fake address, their personal address, or to just e-mail them the link.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Network Security System Administrator

Office: (417) 447-7535