Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Paging - How do you receive?

From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge () GMAIL COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:44:06 -0600

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Megan Carney <carn0048 () umn edu> wrote:
We use pagers so we our cellphones can remain mostly personal. . .the
University no longer reimburses most people for any portion of their
cellphone bill.

We may be moving to a similar situation. Supposedly The IRS has made
cell-phones some sort of taxable benefit so cellphones which are
supplied by an employer have to be itemized if they are not strictly
controlled.

Also, it's lets us have 'groups'.  We each have an individual pager number
which is kept internally and one number which will page them all and is given
out for emergencies while on call.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux