Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: More spear phishing + vishing

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <matthew.jenkins () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:29:11 -0400

Thanks Julie for posting this.  I had mentioned to others here at our university several months ago that attackers
would end up using phone calls once we blocked the e-mail avenue.  We had seen e-mails telling people to call automated
numbers but, to my knowledge, have not received any automated calls or SMS messages.

Has anyone had any attacks that solicit campus account information via phone that you are aware of?

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University