Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New Project And Change Control Security review/approval questions requested

From: David Grisham <DGrisham () SALUD UNM EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:51:18 -0600

I'm reworking the security approval of new projects & change control requests.  I'm trying to find a standard list of
questions to ensure security concerns have been addressed.  We are a hospital (covered by HIPAA), our financials are
held to (Sox) & Our Health Science Center falls under GLB.

Does anybody have a manageable list of security questions that can be used in a hospital enterprise IT environment?  I
imagine a ISO 17799 would cover most everything.  Replies will be kept confidential unless specifically posted to the
list

Cheers --grish
David D. Grisham, Ph.D.,  CISM, CHS, CHSP
Manager, IT Security,
UNM Hospitals, Information Technology
1650 University Blvd,  S.500, Albuquerque, NM 87102