Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Skype in the production environment

From: "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker () MTMERCY EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:33:54 -0500

I would also be very interested in everyone's thoughts on this. Within
the past month we have had 2 faculty members request and demand that
skype be installed on their work computers. My first reaction is to say
no, but I know that there are some group policies available to control
the super node behavior as well as some other aspects. Here is the link
to the gpo template if anyone is interested.

http://www.skype.com/security/Skype-v1.5.adm

Mike Tupker

Systems Administrator

Mount Mercy College