Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FERPA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Addresses Changes in IT

From: Brad Judy <Brad.Judy () COLORADO EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:52:32 -0600

A quick clarification to my post.  The Freedom of Information Act is a
federal item that affects information held by the federal government.
Check with your state to see what your state equivalent looks like and
how it relates to FERPA.  In your state, there may or may not be a
relationship between the two.

Brad Judy

IT Security Office

University of Colorado at Boulder