Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

User Account Control in Windows Vista

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <matthew.jenkins () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:57:18 -0400

How is everyone handling UAC in Vista these days?  Many of our remote
management applications will not work with it turned on.  I am getting
more pressure from our desktop support folks to turn UAC off across most
of our domain computers.  I disagree, as my opinion is that we might as
well use Windows XP if we disable UAC across the domain.  However, when
we can't push various software packages including antivirus, UAC is
making Vista almost impossible to manage.  Any thoughts would be
appreciated.  Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator