Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

archiving and e-discovery?

From: "Drake, Craig" <c-drake () NEIU EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:03:02 -0500

I was just wondering what other colleges and universities are doing in
regards to archiving and e-discovery for their email systems.
Especially situations where there are multiple different email systems
in place.  We are currently running Exchange for our Faculty/Staff and
Sun Java Messaging for our Students.  I know a lot of universities have
many different email systems in different departments.  At least we are
centralized on two systems.  This is something that has grown out of our
desire to find an archiving solution for Exchange to offload the storage
from our Exchange database, to something much, much bigger.

Advice?

-Craig

Craig Drake

Senior Systems Administrator