Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA Notices

From: Brian Friday <bfriday () LASIERRA EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:00:06 -0700

I found this sentence in the 7th paragraph interesting....

"Sherman attributed the “phenomenal jump” in the number of complaints to a “major change in the software and hardware” its major vendor uses to detect online infringement."

Has anyone noticed a recent revision in copysense hardware/software? Last I knew the linux based system they were advertising in late 2007 was removed until they themselves could obey copyright....

- Brian