Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Phishing attempt

From: Bob Bayn <Bob.Bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:53:00 -0700

One of our professors received the message below in his e-mail inbox last
night.  Have any of you seen this one recently?  I know it was making the
rounds about a year ago.

Body of message.....

I  am very sorry for you Xxxxxx, is a pity that this is how your life is
going to end as soon as you don't comply.

yup, a dept secretary got one that looked about like this a
couple weeks ago.  It was quite disturbing for her, and she
took no comfort in being singled out here.  We sent it on to
the police for their records and to the regional FBI office.
I haven't seen her name in the obits yet.

Bob
Utah State University