Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Faculty and Staff IT Security Awareness

From: Nicolas Pachis <npachis () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:00:11 -0500

Good Afternoon,

I was hoping to spark a discussion / feedback on the methods that
other Colleges and Universities are using to promote awareness within
faculty and staff.  Currently we use new employee orientation, our
Faculty Development Institute, and various newsletters, printable
materials, etc.

We are looking to expand our methods and wondered if anyone out there
had any sure-fire methods they use they would like to share.  Do you
tie it with another group on your campus or run it solo?  How have
you rated its success or failure to promote the awareness concepts
you were trying to impart.  And what ideas have you tried that have
just not succeeded the way you wished?

Thanks,

Nicolas Pachis, GIAC-GCIH
IT Security, 1300 Torgersen Hall
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
npachis () vt edu
http://www.security.vt.edu