Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Active Directory Auditing

From: JASON LANGDOC <JLANGDOC () UT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:21:40 -0500

I am looking to set up auditing on my Active Directory.  Would like to
be able to produce a reports that give details on who made change to
what OU or object and when they made the change.  We are currently
auditing this information with the Domain Controller security policy,
but with the volume of security events logged to each DC it can be hard
to track down the exact event we are looking for.  I have found a few
third party software packages for this such as Change Auditor and
InTrust Plug-in for AD.  Is anyone using third party software solutions
for this and what was your opinion of them?

Thanks,

Jay Langdoc

The University of Tampa

Network Administrator