Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Security

From: Gary Dobbins <dobbins () ND EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:04:39 -0400

Another good one is KeePass (SourceForge).  Its fan community has also
produced a PDA (WinMobile) version, and many features.  Confusingly
similar to PWSafe.

Shalla, Kevin wrote:
That sounds like a handy one for certain situations, however most of the
time I need to store passwords that I'll be entering from my computer, and
I'd rather not have to look up the password on the Palm, then retype it on
the computer.  Password safe (written by Bruce Schneier) is a good free
program that stores them on your computer.  Once you open the safe, you
double-click the desired listing, and the password is put into the Windows
paste buffer (you don't even see it, so you can even do this on a
projector while others are watching).