Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Windows DHCP to syslog

From: "Beechey, Jim" <beechey () NORTHWOOD EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:51:34 -0400

Jason

I know that the SNARE Epilog Client has the ability to take text based log files and convert them to syslog.  DHCP is
not one of the pre-defined log types, but there is a generic option which you might be able to get to work.  We looked
into this as an option, but never tested, when we were looking at SIM solutions.  In the end our vendor of choice,
Q1labs, has a proprietary client which provides this functionality.

http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/EpilogWindows/index.html

Hope this helps

Jim Beechey
Information Security Manager
Northwood University
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640

989-837-4169
beechey () northwood edu
www.northwood.edu

"Developing the future leaders of a global, free-enterprise society."