Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPhone security

From: Brent Sweeny <sweeny () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:19:00 -0400

have you been able to get ssh to work on them, particularly with
two-factor authentication?              thanks.

On 8/30/2007 2:31 PM, Noah Abrahamson wrote:

On Aug 30, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Curt Wilson wrote:

Matt Arthur wrote:
Has anyone been able to find out what security protocols the iPhones
use?  We have had zero success going through Apple support web pages.

Hey, Matt.

Are you asking about VPN access, about SSL/TLS for IMAP/POP3 and/or
HTTP, about (the lack of support for) Kerberos, about physical security,
access to the device's operating system and/or interface, putting a PIN
on the SIM card, known exploits, historical frequency of
firmware/software updates?

Stanford has group looking at iPhones. Pose your questions, and I'd be
happy to contribute my knowledge of the device (such as it is).

Noah

Noah Abrahamson
Stanford University