Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Screen Saver Seetings

From: "Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC)" <Nathan-Gibson () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:10:11 -0500

Needing some help!

We currently have a screensaver policy on our campus that is enforced at the domain level via GPO. Some of our users
are wanting the capability to be more restrictive on their screensaver lockout (e.g. ours is set at 10 minutes and they
want a 5 minute timeout)

Is there any way to accommodate this without having to set up a new OU and a new GPO for that OU.

Basically is there a setting to allow users to set their screensaver timeout to less than 10 minutes and while
simultaneously restricting them from going greater than 10 minutes?

V/R,
Gibby
Nathan J. Gibson, CISSP-CCNA
Information Security Analyst
The University of Oklahoma HSC
http://it.ouhsc.edu/services/infosecurity

"Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability."
-- Flower A. Newhouse --

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center,
which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and
destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.