Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA timestamps off

From: Marc Scarborough <marcs () RICE EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:08:52 -0500

Yes, actually, on a recent notice, we also could not find traffic
records to match the provided IP/timestamp.  We spent a few sanity check
cycles to make sure we were adjusting for timezones correctly but found
nothing.

This was allegedly via Ares.  HBO all over again?

Marc

Sweeny, Jonny wrote:

Anyone else seeing inconsistencies?

Thanks,

--
~Jonny Sweeny, GSEC, GCWN, GCIH, SSP-CNSA
Incident Response Manager, Lead Security Analyst

--
Marc Scarborough
Information Security Officer