Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Second Life

From: Jim Dillon <Jim.Dillon () CUSYS EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:02:09 -0600

You may want to check out the current thread on Educause's ICPL list.
There are serious (no really, serious) discussions underway in the
policy arena about the place of second life in future educational
endeavors.  It appears some have been dabbling with presenting classes
there with some apparent "success?"

I'm still tossing this back and forth between revulsion and trying to be
open minded and accepting of it as a legitimate option, but it will take
some time...  Read the thread if you want to get a hint at the policy
issues and perhaps this will help define your situation.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Dillon, CISA, CISSP
IT Audit Manager, CU Internal Audit