Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

University-level Log Policy

From: Greg Vickers <g.vickers () QUT EDU AU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:02:43 +1000

Hi all,

DISCLAIMER: I have not looked anywhere else for this information yet, so
feel free to point out the obvious to me :)

I am about to draft a Log Policy for QUT, it will be reviewed by the IT
Security Manager and the Information Technology Services Director and
will be put forward at a suitable governance level.

I was wondering what log policies exist and are already in use at other
Educause Universities? And would it be possible to see what your log
policy is if it exists?

I'm looking for examples of system and service log policy, i.e. Windows
Server, Redhat Server, Apache, etc etc.

Thanks,
--
Greg Vickers