Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sophos Anti-Virus

From: Bob Ono <raono () UCDAVIS EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:32:27 -0700

Nathaniel,
At UC Davis, some campus units reported a number of use issues with
earlier versions of Sophos AV.  We asked these units to participate in
testing before we entered into a campus-wide agreement with Sophos.
These use problems were reportedly addressed in the current software
version. As an example, we find that Sophos provides virus/malware
updates many times a week, sometimes daily.

We do use other AV products in combination with Sophos. A multi-product
strategy for AV coverage has tremendous advantages.

Bob

Robert Ono
IT Security Coordinator
Office of the Vice Provost