Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure file transfers

From: "Winders, Timothy A" <twinders () SOUTHPLAINSCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:01:34 -0500

All data transfers inside the state of Texas containing student
confidential information are done with SFTP.  This change was made
approximately 2 years ago.

FTP is not secure enough.  I would run away from any vendor that told me
that.

Tim Winders | Associate Dean of Information Technology | South Plains
College