Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Large edu's doing NAT campus wide?

From: Randall C Grimshaw <rgrimsha () SYR EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 04:08:39 -0400

I am not aware of any study or implementation.
We are preparing to allow NAT routers (non-wireless) on campus for individual use, in the hope that it will reduce the
IP count and offer some additional protections on an individual basis. individually.
being very specific about non-wireless.

<><Randall Grimshaw