Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Web application security assessment

From: "St Clair, Jim" <Jim.StClair () GT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:16 -0400

Gary, I would recommend you check out the Open Web Application Security
Project - www.owasp.org.

They are in my opinion the leading initiative to develop new processes
for web application security and basically THE forum to collaborate. Of
note, they have a version 2 of their OWASP testing project, which is
intended to be the definitive evaluation and penetration test resource
for web apps.

They meet in Arlington, which I realize is a healthy drive from
Harrisonburg, but may be something you want to pursue. You could get a
lot of good feedback on tools and techniques.

Additionally, I am available to discuss more off-line, if you desire. We
are in the Harrisonburg area often.

James A.St.Clair, CISM
Sr. Manager
Global Public Sector