Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SYSADM and Security

From: Theresa M Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:23:02 -0500

Agree on that - we have split sys admin and DBA functions.  Both of these
functions report to an architecture manager.  We also put all the administrative
application development and support on a separate team reporting to a different
manager.  Security review and audit is the responsibility of a third team and
manager.  We've also outsourced DBA work on a regular monthly contract and
we expect there to be some review of work on both sides.
Theresa