Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New VA FISMA Requirements for PIs in Research Institutions

From: "Sadler, Connie" <Connie_Sadler () BROWN EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:30:39 -0400

For those of you who do research with the Veterans Administration, have
any of you been able to gather specific requirements for the very recent
requirements to comply with FISMA? As some of you may know, we have been
given requirements, and not much time to become compliant!

I have some reference documents:
http://www.research.va.gov/resources/policies/docs/PI-Certification.pdf
and http://csrc.nist.gov/policies/FISMA-final.pdf, and
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-37/SP800-37-final.pdf.

If some of you are interested, this might be something that we could
organize an audio telecon around.

Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM, GIAC GSLC
IT Security Officer, Brown University
Campus Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912
Connie_Sadler () Brown edu,  Office: 401-863-7266
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x91E38EFB
PGP Fingerprint: DA5F ED84 06D7 1635 4BC7 560D 9A07 80BA 91E3 8EFB