Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Authorizing password changes in a health science center

From: "Penn, Blake" <pennb () UWW EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:20:28 -0600

I've seen the third factor (something you have) used in such
applications in the past - like handing out grid cards to your employees
and have the access management dept use the corresponding software to
issue the challenges based on the serial number of the employee's card.
Employees have to remember to report lost/stolen cards immediately, of
course!

Blake Penn, CISSP
Information Security Officer
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater