Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Connectivity problems with the US Army

From: Randy Marchany <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:47:24 -0500

www.cert.mil went offline to the rest of the internet recently. You need a
digital certificate issued from DOD in order to connect to their site.
You get the following message when you connect to www.cert.mil:

--------------
The JTF-GNO (DoD CERT) NIPRNET website has been migrated to a secure
PKI-enabled environment.

You must have a valid DoD Certificate (i.e., DoD issued CAC, or other DoD
issued PKI certificate) to access the new website location. Please contact
your local security office if you need to obtain a DoD PKI Certificate.

You will be forwarded to the new website in 15 seconds.

https://www.jtfgno.mil

 I wonder if the restriction extends to all army sites now.

Given the recent DISA fiasco, this wouldn't surprise me.

        -r.