Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Public Access Library Ports (was Re: Open access to student labs

From: Sheri J Thompson <sthomp8 () LSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:30:26 -0600

At LSU, we require authentication of LSU community members for all
classroom and lab computers. We have an in-house authentication tool
that is part of PAWS, our portal. The public access computers located in
the library access commercial Internet and the library systems only -
and users must register with the library personnel to use them.

Sheri J. Thompson

IT Communications and Planning Officer

LSU Information Technology Services

200 Fred C. Frey Computing Services Center

Baton Rouge, LA 70803

tel. 225-578-5739

e-mail. sjt () lsu edu <mailto:sjt () lsu edu>