Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Standard Operating Procedures

From: William Custer <custerwl () MUOHIO EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:15:06 -0500

Kevin,

We have informal procedures that have evolved over the years and are
partially documented in our Knowledge Base System maintained primarily by
the Support Desk.  We recently set a goal to document the top 20 in the
course of 3 months, by this Dec 31.   After that another 20 etc.  An
advisory group contributed to the list.

In cases where you have good informal procedures, I would document and
tighten them up myself.  In cases where you have no procedures, I would
look for models elsewhere.  The Model Policy Sub-committee is always
looking for examples of policy and procedures and monitors this list for
good material.