Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Access control product feedback and recommendation request

From: Theresa Semmens <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:04:09 -0600

My request is on behalf of a small college; they are looking for feedback
and recommendations on control access automation products.  Please respond
to the question posted below.

We are looking for a product that will control access to our network and at
the same time automatically register devices that connect to our network.
We have viewed a number of demonstrations and had discussions with a number
of different companies who offer this service.  Impulse Point seems to have
a very good product, though somewhat pricey.  I would appreciate any
feedback, both positive and negative, if you have any experience with the
Impulse Point Safe Connect product.

Theresa Semmens, CISA

NDSU IT Security Officer

North Dakota State University