Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Poll: Anti-Spyware on servers

From: "Lucas, Bryan" <b.lucas () TCU EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:16:07 -0500

I would be hesitant to deploy AS on a server.  I would not mind scanning
a server in a report only mode from a network host.  I think the product
are still maturing as are the definitions.  There is too much risk they
would quarantine/clean a necessary file.  A better way to go would be a
system-integrity program like TripWire for your servers.

Bryan Lucas
Server Administrator
Texas Christian University
(817) 257-6971