Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Good Investigation/Forensic groups - was: SSNs, rootkits, Incident Response, etc...

From: "H. Morrow Long" <morrow.long () YALE EDU>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 09:08:00 -0400

Jim -- Might I recommend        Stroz Friedberg, LLC ( www.strozllc.com ).

They have offices in DC,  NYC, LA and MN.

Eoghan Casey (author of Digital Evidence and Computer Crime, Second Edition, editor of Handbook of Computer Crime Investigation: Forensic Tools & Technology and co- author of Investigating Child Exploitation and Pornography : The Internet, Law and Forensic Science)
works for Stroz Friedberg -- and is a former employee of mine.

- H. Morrow Long, CISSP, CISM, CEH
  University Information Security Officer
  Director -- Information Security Office
  Yale University, ITS

From http://www.strozllc.com/methodology.html

Founded in 2000, Stroz Friedberg, LLC is a consulting and technical services firm specializing in computer forensics; cyber-crime response; private investigations; and the preservation, analysis and production of electronic data from single hard drives to complex corporate networks. Typically, we perform this work in the context of civil litigation, criminal and regulatory matters, and internal corporate investigations. Our unique methodology — which brings technology, law, investigative experience and behavioral science to bear while providing assurance to all parties — has made us the firm of choice in the areas of our expertise. Stroz Friedberg provides objective, comprehensive answers based upon expert analysis of electronic data and disputed facts that our clients can rely on in critical and routine matters, with the assurance that our reports will withstand the scrutiny of opposing counsel and experts, courts, and the government.