Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anyone else doing information security annual reports?

From: Steve Lovaas <steven.lovaas () COLOSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:01:43 -0600

Jim,

What you're talking about can grow to a pretty large project. Rather
than re-inventing the wheel, you might look at Mich Kabay's "INFOSEC
Year in Review."

http://www2.norwich.edu/mkabay/iyir

It's a large and impressive compilation of security-related information
from a variety of sources, arranged by topic and available in several
formats. In the Norwich University Master of Science in Information
Assurance program, which Dr. Kabay runs, a whole day of the graduation
residency week is devoted to going through this publication and talking
about trends and new threats.

Enjoy!

Steve

James H Moore wrote:
I am looking for information about how context is presented.  Usually I pull
from "Year in review"  types of reports from vendors and other sources (I
usually save them in Jan-March, but this year I got busy and forgot).  I am
still in the process of educating some individuals in management, that we
have an active adversary, not just competitors.  I don't want to cross over
into Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, but I also want to caution against
putting rose colored glasses on.

Any wisdom and/or examples to share would be great.

Jim

--
Steven Lovaas, MSIA, CISSP
Network & Security Resource Manager