Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Information and Event Management

From: Clifford Collins <Collinsc () FRANKLIN EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:32:00 -0400

Chris,

I'm just coming up to speed with the CS-MARS product here at Franklin
University. It seems terrific but, it's not fully on line yet. We are
tying in our IDS, ASA-5500 and all of our Cisco routers (Net Flow).
According to the manuals, it's really a Protego Networks PN-MARS unit
(Yup, Cisco bought them) that is becoming assimilated by the Borg. As I
learn more and use it more I am willing to share what I find. Let me
know.

Clifford A. Collins
Network Security Administrator
Franklin University
201 South Grant Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614) 744-3051

chris.steele () ANGELO EDU 05/23 11:13 AM >>>

Looking for real world recommendations for Security Information and
Event Management products (i.e. Cisco MARS, ArcSight, e-Security,
Intellitactics, etc.) Thanks
Chris Steele
Infrastructure Services Manager
Angelo State University - IT
325-942-2334 x254
chris.steele () angelo edu

"I want to move to theory; everything works in theory."