Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Online county records was Domain Name Database and Bulldog Firewall

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:16:01 -0400

Ted Frohling - NTS wrote:

Now what's really scary is the penchant for county, state and
city governments putting their property information on the web,
using GIS so that I might be able to go to some Lee County
web site and with your name find out where you live, what your
house is worth, how much you paid in taxes, find out what your
neighbors paid and how close you are to them with the escape
routes from a nice aerial view when I want to do you harm.

And get your kids names, an image of your signature, and your
social security number.

http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/privacy/story/0,10801,110453,00.html?from=story_package

--
Gary Flynn