Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network flow log consolidation

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <mjenkins7 () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:40:43 -0400

I have seen the Cisco IDS modules do snmp traps.  I haven't had time to
configure them yet (they were purchased with some other equipment).  I
was wondering if maybe I could set up a snmp trap server and get the
output going to a text stream on a unix box.

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University